Movember / No Shave November
This week, guys around the world shaved their faces for one last time to kick off Movember and its bearded counterpart, No Shave November. For the next 30 days they’ll grow out their beard or mustache to raise awareness for men’s health issue. The trend started in 2004 when a group of men in Australia decided to grow mustaches for 30 days to raise awareness for prostate cancer. It is now an international movement.\
Growing a beard or mustache takes a little more than NOT shaving. The guys from Keep It Cut are here with tips on how to keep your skin and facial hair looking good.
- Wash and Moisturize Your Face Daily:
- Your face needs regular cleansing and moisturizing with or without a mustache or beard.
- Keep your facial hair clean and brush it out to remove any excess oils and debris that can affect your grooming habits.
- Keeping your face clean and soft will make it a smoother process when removing facial hair.
- Shave and Trim Your Face:
- Whether you have a Tom Selleck style mustache or a full grown beard, you need to maintain your style.
- Shave and trim your face according to the look you are trying to achieve.
- Make sure to invest in quality scissors and trimmers to upkeep your growing facial hair in between visits to the barber.
- Protect Your Face:
- Razor burn can be unpleasant, make sure you always use a quality shaving cream.
- Shaving cream helps moisturize the face and as well as creates a lubricant between the skin and razor to ensure smooth skin.
- Keep It Cut salons offer unlimited professional cuts, styles and grooming for one monthly membership fee.
- There are three Keep It Cut salons in Tempe, Awhatukee and Phoenix or visit Keep It Cut online at keepitcut.com.